AAN Admissions process
AAN ADMISSIONS PROCESS
Thank you for your interest in our school.
The American Academy Nicosia (AAN) is a private English language school offering Pre-School, Primary and Secondary level education (for students aged 3-19) following the National Curriculum of England. Our school is certified by the Ministry of Education and Culture and also provides students with the Cypriot ‘Certificate of Completion of Secondary Education’, also known as ‘Apolytirion’.
The AAN is a non-sectarian Christian school and all children follow the set curriculum that includes Religious Studies classes and assemblies or programmes where Christian values are explained.
To enroll your child in our school, it is necessary to follow our admissions process as outlined below:
A Pre-registration form must be completed and submitted to the admissions department. Please complete the form from our website by clicking here. It is important for parents applying to our school to understand that places for new students may be limited. We therefore strongly recommend that parents contact our admissions office directly for better understanding and current enrolment availability.
Our admissions department will arrange an assessment for your child with the appropriate department within the Academy. You should provide the Academy with your child’s most recent school report and any other information that the Academy may require.
- Pre-school & Kindergarten Department: Your child will be assessed during a “Stay and Play” session with one of our Pre-School teachers as part of the admissions assessment procedure.
- Primary Department (Key Stages 1&2): Your child will be interviewed and assessed by entrance tests related to the year group in English and Mathematics.
- Secondary Department (Key Stages 3,4&5): Your child will be interviewed and assessed by entrance tests in English and Mathematics and, for native Greek speakers, an additional Greek examination. Note that for Greek speakers the Greek exam is required after they pass the Entrance exams in English and Mathematics and it functions as a placement exam in the Greek classes. For Key Stage 4 & 5 there might be additional exams required depending on the (I)GCSE and A Level options of the students.
Following the assessment and interview a letter of acceptance will be sent to you once you are offered a place. On the receipt of an acceptance letter, you have 5 working days to register your child in our school. The registration process includes submitting the following documents (in order to comply with the expectations of the Ministry of Education and Culture of the Republic of Cyprus and our school policies):
- 1 copy of birth certificate (in Greek or English)
- 1 copy of passport or ID (for both parents and child)
- 2 recent passport size photos
- 1 recent utility bill
- Health Letter and Vaccine Health Certificate (for Primary and Secondary students).
- Completion of our registration form
- Completion of our contract form
- Copy of latest school report in English
- Completion of the Behavioural and SEN form
- €1000 registration fee per child, payable through our finance department
Once registered, you will receive a confirmation letter from our admissions department confirming a place for your child.
After registration your point of contact will be the Primary office (for Pre-school and Primary department) or the Secondary office.
Note: Your child’s placement is not secured until you have been offered a place and you have completed step 3 of the registration process.